June 10, 2009

Better late than never!

This weekend see's my first MSA race of 2009, well we're only halfway through the year!

I am taking part in the East Anglian Trophy at Kimbolton which celebrates their 50th anniversary.

I have given the kart a good service and fitted new tyres which should help me.
The carburettor has recently been ultrasonically cleaned by my good friend Dr Snitz Ph.D, I rebuilt it using new parts so it should give give performance.

Thursday and Friday i'm really throwing it out there by testing at Rye House, I need the seat time and the aim is to get comfortable in the kart again and make positive setup changes to make the kart driveable - my aim is to be able to get on the throttle earlier and harder, not too much to ask is it?!

Saturdays format takes in 3 practice sessions in the morning then a race and qualifying in the afternoon before sundays heats, pre-final and grand final.

I will be nursed through the stresses of the weekend by my driver coach, Chris "Sideburns" Kasch, he is expecting big things this weekend, it would be terrible to let him down - no pressure!

Lastly I would like to wish Davy Cordner well as he is feeling a little under the weather at the moment, Davy is the husband of Ann who writes her excellent blog www.retiredandcrazy.com.
Get well soon Davy, as soon as your feeling better i'll come over and bore you both with motor racing tales.

No comments: