December 30, 2008

2008 Review

It's been an interesting year, I have learnt a lot about driving although my time in the seat has been less than I would have prefered - racing took a back seat whilst Rachel had our first baby.

Chloe Louise Ashford was born on 9th July, weighing in at 6lb 13oz - she has been piling on the weight ever since and is now a very healthy little girl.

On the racing side of life I only managed to get to 3 race meetings this year although I have tested on several occasions which has kept my hand in.
Even though I have not been in the seat as much as I would have liked I have started thinking about what I am doing a lot more and this has helped me no end - my racecraft is improving all the time and this shows by not getting involved in incidents, I have been trying to get my license upgrade signatures and I need to keep my nose clean in front of the Clerk of the Course, keeping out of trouble keeps them happy plus I get classified in the race meeting final which is always satisfactory.

2009 plans?
I'm aiming to get more seat time this year, I will be testing as early as possible - I have a few new things to try so hopefully I can improve my technique and reduce my lap times, I know my kart is good enough as my driver coach Chris Kasch has set a competitive time in it so I know there is more time left in me, a lot of it is seat time and only getting in the seat every 2-3 months isnt helping me at the moment.

I am pleased to announce that my good friend Ann Cordner will be supporting me again throughout the year, please take the time to read her regular posts on her very funny blog http://www.retiredandcrazy.com/.


Brunswick Automotive;

In Brunswick Automotive news, we will shortly be setting off for Dubai in the new year, we are contesting the 3rd 24 hour race to be held there, the car we'll be using is our trusty Mazda RX7 GT3 - it has had a lot of time put into it since it's last outing and we hope to get a good result in our class.

The company has recently acquired an ex Jet Alliance GT4 Aston Martin Vantage N24 which contested several races last year in the FIA GT4 championship, winning the Silverstone round.
The car is an absolute work of art and has been entered into the British GT championship, a place where I would dearly love to drive - i'll be continuing to buy lottery tickets in hope of that jackpot! :o)


No comments: