January 29, 2008

Countdown

I have entered the 2nd round of the Hoddesdon Kart Club Winter Championship at Rye House for this Sunday coming.
The kart is 99% ready with only a few minor jobs left to complete, the timing transponder will be fitted tonight and I need to install the datalogger software onto my laptop.

I will be testing all day Saturday to try and dial the kart in as best I can, fellow karter Chris Kasch has offered to help me during the day and his knowledge will be invaluable.

On Friday I am aiming to take the kart to the Brunswick workshop and set it up on the weighing scales, the minimum weight for the TKM class is 148kg (kart and driver combined) and I suspect that I will be some 6kg overweight so I'll see how little fuel I can use to see if I can bring the weight down.

No comments: