October 7, 2008

Race weekend looming

This coming weekend will see my first race meeting at Kimbolton in Huntingdonshire.
It's virtually on my doorstep this one which is always nice - the 4am starts are never welcome when your driving across the otherside of the country.

The Kart is just being fettled a bit more before the test day on the Saturday, I still need to analyse the data I acquired a few weeks ago from the previous Kimbolton test.

My engine has been returned to the manufacturer's factory in Sandy, Beds for an inspection after I suspected that the crank wasn't running quite true - I hope to get the engine back tonight and fitted in the next couple of days.
Both carbs are now rebuilt and set up, judging by the recent weather I may need to employ my "winter" carb which I haven't had chance to try yet, it's runs a tad on the rich side apparently so should suit the colder weather better.

Geometry wise, I'm changing the ride height of the chassis after Chris pointed out that I was running too low - other than that it's staying the same after the last test at Kimbolton.

I'm looking forward to the weekend, let's hope for dry weather!

No comments: