March 5, 2008

Final round

Sunday March 2nd was the final round of the Hoddesdon Kart Club Winter Championship.

My main aims for this meeting where to keep out of trouble and gain another signature on my license, an improvement on my lap times would be a nice bonus!

Well I managed all 3 so i'll call it a success!

Heat 1 was pretty straight forward, I started from the back as normal (being a novice) and worked my way up to 15th from 20th, posting a lap time 2 tenths quicker than last months PB.

Heat 2 I changed sprocket size as I wanted more revs down the straight and this seemed to work with a lap time a further 2 tenths quicker.

Heat 3 was a character building race, I made good progress on the opening laps until another kart turned in on me and the contact resulted in my retirement, it was easily fixed for the final though.

The Final was my best race so far, after making a couple of changes to the setup I reverted back to a setup that worked well previously, on lap 1 I gained 6 places alone, more than anyone else on that first lap!
I set a lap time even faster than my previous PB, improving by almost half a second from the time set at last months meeting!

I'm still learning everytime I go out, my driving is improving but I need more practice to make my style smoother - this will come with time.











No comments: