January 21, 2008

The Finished Article

Today I finished the kart build and I must say i'm very pleased with it.

Had a slight hitch when I tried to fit the starter motor and found that the shaft was not long enough due to the new wider bodywork! A slight modification using a 6" extension bar and a mig welder sorted that out.

The kart runs and sounds awesome, the carb needs setting up and the geometry will need some fine tuning trackside but now all that is left to do is drive it!

I am planning on testing it on the first Saturday of February at Hoddesdon Kart Club and i'm aiming to take part in my first kart race on the Sunday.

Hopefully I may get the chance to take it out to Wildtracks in Red Lodge to give it a shakedown, it really depends on time as i'm a fairly busy boy at the moment!

A few pics were taken when the rain stopped briefly this evening.









No comments: