January 17, 2008

A new dawn?

Well I can finally reveal my plans for this year.

I have sold my Alfa Romeo and have purchased a 2 stroke go kart which came 2nd in a national championship 2 years ago.

The change in direction has come for 2 reasons, The kart races are a quarter of the price of an Alfa entry and the other far more significant reason is that I am to become a father in the summer!

The kart was purchased from someone who only raced it around 6 times after they purchased it from the Project 1 company, this particular chassis was used 5 times by Scott Malvern who won several races on it before finishing runner up in the prestigious Super 1 championship.

Since buying it I have stripped it down to a bare frame in order to fully understand how it all works, a lot of the parts have been replaced with new high quality items such as bearings, bodywork, datalogging system, tyres and graphics.

I have spent the last 2 months cleaning and assembling the kart, i'm taking my time as I want it to be right first time.

I have taken a few pictures that shows the progress I have made - I have changed a few things from when I bought it as some bits needed updating, the great thing about the class I will be runnng in is that there are strict regulations governing the class, it means that you cannot just walk into the class with a blank cheque and buy success, talent will shine through.

No comments: